User Interface Overview
MorphVOX has a clean and simple user interface. Reduced clutter and intuitively
placed controls make it easy-to-use. The full view appears by default when
you first start up the application. It has a number of useful features:
- Alias Picture: displays the image associated with the currently selected voice. You can click on this picture to hear a sample sound from the voice.
- Morph Button: turns morphing on and off. The morphing feature will be on when the green light on the button is bright.
- Listen Button: lets you hear yourself talking. You should be able to hear yourself when the green light on the button is bright.
- Update Voice Button: when this button is active (red checkmark) that indicates that a voice has been modified. To save changes to that voice, click this button.
- Current Voice: lets you choose a voice from a list.
- Voice List: displays a list of all the voice presets. It has all the information associated with each voice. The
bold face title in the top node of the view represents a group of voice presets. Each
row below the title is an voice preset. The colored indicator indicates learning with
your voiceprint. If it is dark, no learning has taken place; if it is green,
then the voice has learning information associated with it. Click on the small
speaker on the right side of the row to hear the sample sound from the voice.
- Pitch Shift Controls: the slider and spinner controls give you fine control of the pitch shift for the selected voice.
- Timbre Shift Controls: the slider and spinner controls give you fine control of the timbre shift for the selected voice.
- Timbre Strength Controls: the slider and spinner controls give you fine control of the timbre strength for the selected voice.
- Reset Pitch and Timbre Button: resets the pitch and timbre controls to zero.
- Volume Meter: shows the amount of sound signal that the microphone is receiving.
- Mute Button: mutes the microphone.
- Play Sound Effects Button: starts/stops playing the selected sound effect. This broadcasts the sound effect through the speakers as well as to the instant messaging audio output.
- Select Sound Effect List: lets you choose a sound effect from the list.
- Sound Effect Volume: this slider lets you adjust the sound effect volume.
- Advanced Sound Effects Button: opens the Sound Effects Manager, providing you with a way of managing and customizing sound effects.
- Play Backgrounds Button: starts/stops playing the selected background effect. This broadcasts the the background sound to the instant messaging audio output.
- Select Background List: lets you choose a background sound from the list.
- Background Volume: this slider lets you adjust the background sound volume.
- Advanced Backgrounds Button: opens the Background Manager, providing you with a way of managing and customizing backgrounds.
- Graphic Equalizer: provides controls for the 10-band graphic equalizer. This gives you fine control over the sound contour of your voice.
- Reset Graphic Equalizer: This will set the graphic equalizer bands to neutral levels (zero decibels).
- Set Equalizer Preset: Sets the graphic equalizer bands to standard (speech, harsh, soft) or custom preset.
- Voice Effects Control: lets you add any combination of voice effects to the selected alias.
- Tweak Voice Effects Button: Lets you adjust the selected voice effect allowing a high degree of customization.
- Voice Profile Selector: lets you choose from a list of voice learning profiles. This is very useful if more than one person is using MorphVOX.
Click to Go Back