MorphVOX Voice Changer Software can be used with audio editors like Audacity. This free fine tool is great for editing audio clips for movies, animations and other sound-related projects. Audacity can be found at this site: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
Note: this works only on Mac OS X 10.8 and above.
You easily intergrate MorphVOX voice changer with some minor adjustments in Audacity. MorphVOX can be used as the recording source for Audacity, providing a seamless experience for your audio creation. Here's how to set that up:
- Run Audacity
- Open the menu "Edit/Preferences..."
- Click on "Devices" tab and adjust the settings to look like this:
To test if your microphone is hooked up correctly do the following:
- Run MorphVOX.
- Start Audacity
- Click on the "Record" button in Audacity.
- Start talking.
- Click the "Stop" button.
- Click the play button to listen to the recording.
If the your voice is faint then you might want to click on boost microphone gain.
MorphVOX sound tips:
- Set the quality to highest by accessing MorphVOX/Preferences/Sound Settings.
- Reduce the microphone volume if you get distortion or feedback.
- Try other voice packs for more variety of voices.